Australia Immigration  > Regional Sponsored Visa (187)

Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Visa (187)

  • Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 119/857)
  • The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) allows employers in regional or low population growth areas of Australia, to sponsor employees who are foreign nationals for a permanent visa to work in Australia.
  • This visa is for employers operating in regional and low population growth areas of Australia, who want to sponsor skilled workers to fill skilled vacancies in their business.

The employees applying for a visa can be either of the following

  • Skilled workers from overseas
  • Skilled temporary residents currently in Australia.
  1. 1
    Visa applicants who are currently living and/or working in Australia on a qualifying visa can apply for the onshore RSMS (subclass 857) visa. If you do not hold a qualifying visa, you may still be eligible to apply in Australia if you last held a qualifying visa no more than 28 days prior to lodging an application.The offshore RSMS (subclass 119) visa is for applicants who are outside Australia.
  2. 2
    Note: Applicants who do not hold a qualifying visa can apply for the offshore RSMS visa (subclass 119) and lodge their application in Australia. However, applicants must be outside Australia at the time of visa grant.
  3. 3
    This visa allows you and any dependent family members included in your visa application to live as permanent residents in Australia.

Australian permanent residents can

  • Live and work in Australia on a permanent basis
  • Study in Australia at school or university
  • Receive subsidised healthcare through Medicare and the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
  • Access certain social security payments (subject to waiting periods)
  • Be eligible for Australian citizenship (subject to the residency eligibility criteria)
  • Sponsor people for permanent residence.


Canada Immigration

Canadian Immigration Plan for 2019/2020

Australia immigration

Australia Immigration – Study, Work & Live in...

USA Immigration

Start your own business in US & get Green Card*

    Study Abroad

    Select Services